Saturday, June 20, 2009

Ducks R Us

Ok, I may be going a little overboard with the duck thing. (I know, I can hear the gasps of shock....). As I just mentioned in a post a minute ago, we are yet again hatching out ducklings. Here's what our basement looks like at the moment (there's still another half dozen in the incubator in various stages of drying out, plus a few more eggs that may or may not hatch):

These new ones are purebred Magpie ducks. As adults they will be white where their fluffy yellow down is, and either black or gray (it's called blue, actually) where their darker colored down is.

In case you were wondering, here's what the last batch (of Indian Runner/Magpie crosses) look like now:


Handsome bunch of young ducks, no?? I brought them home today after a several week stay with the friend (enabler) who gave me (supplies me with) the eggs.

Oh, and those adorable little Call Duck ducklings the kids were playing with a few weeks ago? Here's what they are looking like now:

We (well, I...) like them so much, we (I) went ahead and bought their parents:

Pretty cute, even as adults!
And here's what started it all, our little flock of purebred Indian Runners:

Problem? Who? Me????

No comments: