Thursday, November 10, 2011

update on the iron and the power situations

First, thanks to everyone who posted thoughts and ideas about iron supplementation for my little anemia problem. I've got a product in hand -- it's called Bifera, and it's the over-the-counter counterpart to the prescription the OBs office had given me, at a fraction of the cost. Only difference is it's just iron, there's no Vit B12 and Folic Acid that the prescription stuff had (which was pretty convenient since all play a role in anemia). I'd already been taking the prescription version for 5 days (from a sample pack) and it had agreed just fine with me, so I feel semi-confident I'll do OK with this stuff too. Fingers crossed!

Next, our power situation is tenuous -- there are many, many (MANY) dangling tree limbs hanging precariously above power lines, and wind is expected tomorrow. Lots of wind. So my guess is that my power will be on and off for a bit (we already lost it for most of the afternoon today, but thankfully it was back on before we had to see in the dark). So anyway, just to say, if you don't hear from me for a bit, don't wonder why.

No comments: