Wednesday, June 9, 2010

those pesky, tappin' feet

(A little background information -- when J decided he wanted to dance, we discussed which types of dance he was interested in. He informed me that he was not interested in tap, which honestly surprised me, but as a result we did not sign him up for tap, nor has he ever had any instruction in tap. So imagine my surprise at the fact that he seems to have picked up a variety of tap moves just by watching recitals, other kids' classes, and So You Think You Can Dance.)

Setting: Isle of a local hardware store. J has just completed a series of complicated tap steps down the isle, which provided a satisfying echo-y tap sound to his steps.

Me: Hey, J, if you want to do tap, we can sign you up for a tap class, you know.

J: Yeah, I know. No thanks. I'm not interested in tap.

Me: Uh huh. That's what you keep saying. Yet every time I turn around, you're doing a tap dance.

J: Well, my brain says I'm not interested in tap, but sometimes my feet have their own ideas.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE HIM!!!!!!!!!