Wednesday, August 10, 2011

yellow belt

Zoo Boy had his first belt test in Karate on Friday. Above, he is in the center, demonstrating some type of punch. Below, he receives his new yellow belt from Master Ken.




Master Ken helps Zoo Boy tie on his new belt (above). Below, the class bows to their families to acknowledge their thanks for their support. The look of pride on Zoo Boy's face absolutely blew me away.



Above, the entire testing class mugs for a fun formal photo. Can you pick Zoo Boy out? (Dead middle of the group, middle kid in the middle row.)


Afterwards, J ran up and gave The Boy a huge hug, and said "I'm SO proud of you!" Big fat pregnancy tears fell from my hormonally driven eyes....


Am considering a post entitled "101 Reasons Why I Love Karate". I truly can't say enough good things about this program or what it's done for Zoo Boy's maturity, confidence, and self image.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Aw, I have a tear and I'm certainly not pregnant. Congratulations to all!