Thursday, August 16, 2007

some recent artwork

Figured it was time to post a few pics from our resident artist, J.

Here's the Earth, Sun and Moon -- if you look closely, you can see that North America and South America are in the shadow (hence, night). Boy's got a pretty good grasp on that whole day/night thing, I think, as well as world geography.

A Lion mask. Not sure where the inspiration from this came, I can't imagine it's an original design. I'm highly suspicious of his Big Backyard magazine, seems like the sort of thing they would give directions for. In any case, it certainly was his own idea to create it.



Peter Pan. Well, that's Peter Pan in the corner, anyway. The large glowing amazon-like fairy in the middle is Tinkerbell. No comment.




I was a little confused by this one when he showed it to me. He told me it was "The Water Carrier". I puzzled over that for awhile, until I came across a star chart (I assume the same star chart he must have come across which inspired this drawing) and realized it's a map of the constellation Aquarius. And Aquarius is known as -- you guessed it -- the Water Carrier. Hmph, imagine that.

2 comments:

Summer said...

What an artist!

taisa said...

I love your posts of J's art. He really does amazing work. And Tinkerbell made me laugh outloud!