Monday, September 17, 2007

The Map Man takes over

(A couple pictures from J's first day at Soccer Class for Homeschoolers.)

The Map Man is going to be in charge of the kids' daily rhythms and homeschooling activities for the next week. I've got six days of herding clinics to attend with my dogs and a client's dog, although I plan to be home in time for Family Story Time each night. I've got him all set with a nice Enki Autumn nature story, and he participated in our Movement Circle yesterday, so he should be able to run that with J's help on the lyrics/tunes for the songs. I've got our daily rhythms typed up so that he can refer to that, and J knows all the right transition songs for each thing. I've got suggestions for Afternoon Adventures written out, apple printing supplies readily available, a baking activity planned that the kids are looking forward to (apple sauce), a fun Apple Picking field trip laid out for them for Saturday (at an Orchard with a wagon ride, which is something Zoo Boy missed on our last apple picking venture), and an apple crisp baking in the oven right now for snacking on.


(Another photo from soccer class, J was teamed up with this girl -- that's Zoo Boy in the "caboose" in the background, courteously objecting to invitations to participate. Teacher: "Would you like to play soccer, too?" Zoo Boy: "No thank you, I don't play.")

So I think they're in good shape for the week. I'll encourage The Map Man to take plenty of photos, so hopefully I'll have a nicely illustrated report to post by this time next week.

Have a great week, everyone!

No comments: