Saturday, February 2, 2008

social climbing

Today we went to the most fabulous birthday party, for the kids' friend, Fluffy, which was held at a fitness club with a large climbing wall. (Look at the photo, there's J in the gray, scaling the wall like a small mountain goat, with Fluffy in the red to his right.) Not only was the facility smashingly fun, but the party itself was a perfect size, all boys who are steadily developing good friendships with each other, and their parents (who also get along wonderfully well, if I do say so). Just a really, really fun time for all!

Zoo Boy eats pizza and chats with the birthday boy. There was pizza, there was cake, there was icecream, there was an indoor playscape, there was a room full of toys, and of course there was the climbing wall! Zoo Boy wasn't particularly keen on the idea of climbing (no big deal, there was plenty else to do), but the rest of us were up for the challenge!

Fluffy's mom, and my good pal, Kyra gets J situated in his harness and psyched up for climbing. Kyra scaled the wall too. So did I (once anyway), and so did The Map Man (several times, and at a much more challenging level than us -- this is something he's always wanted to do). Fluffy and J climbed over and over again, J increasing his confidence (and the height he climbed to) with each try. Fluffy is an old pro, and I'm sure his ease with the climbing helped J muster the courage to climb ever higher.

Fluffy and J casually chat as they climb.






My own personal Spider Man, nimbly making quick work of the wall. I'm sorry, but I just have to say, doesn't he look HOT up there, clamoring around like a teenager?! (I'm guessing I didn't strike quite the inspiring figure he did up there -- in fact, I was threatening Dave, Fluffy's dad, the entire time NOT to get any video shots of my butt. He cooperatively promised to keep my butt anonymous. Thanks, Dave!) I'm thinking I need to get The Map Man out there climbing on a regular basis....

Anyway, a really SUPER fun day, thanks so much Kyra, Dave, and Fluffy for inviting us to the party and showing us such a great time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THIS! thanks so so much for coming, harvest mom. we had a BALL with all four of you! and that map man, my oh my! he looked impressive and yes, hot up there! you didn't look bad yourself, girlie.

i'm looking forward to many many more family outings together, forging friendships in both generations. xxxxxxxxxxx!