Wednesday, June 25, 2008

camp art

Ok, I had promised two weeks ago that I would post the kids' paintings from camp, so I'm finally getting around to doing it. (Better late than never, right?)

So here's Zoo Boy's watercolor. Very, very different work from him. And he didn't have much to say about it. So....who knows!

J's painting was also a bit of a surprise. When I first looked at the photo of it in progress, I said "what's he so angry about?", as it was just a lot of bold strokes of red. But once I saw the finished product it looked more about joy than anger, so I guess it was all just part of the process.

And since so many people (I think there were two!) asked for me to post mine, here's my watercolor from the conference.







And a little wool lamb we all got the chance to make. Although I don't see how this is a Kindergarten craft -- you should have seen the trouble us parents had making it!




And finally, since I have room to add one more picture, I figured I'd post my led-drawing results. This is part of the 1st grade curriculum -- we read a fairy tale on one day, and draw the story the next (with the parent leading the how-to part) to help bring about artistic digestion of the story. This particular drawing (which is actually unfinished) is about Minnie Minus, part of the 1st Grade Math Curriculum -- you see how her arm looks like a minus sign? I'm getting ahead of myself though, I really ought to post about that stuff at some point....

No comments: