Tuesday, June 24, 2008

thunderstorm, by Zoo Boy

I thought I would entertain you with some photos of the kids enjoying themselves out in our yard after a thunderstorm brought bucketloads of rain down on us on Monday evening. The kids donned their rainboots and their Scooby Doo jammies and had a great time splashing around in the puddles. They also discovered that they could give themselves a shower by shaking the tree branches above them.

At the same time, I thought you might like to take a gander at the lyrics to a song that our budding composer and poet-extraordinaire, Zoo Boy, came up with to celebrate our recent unsettled weather:

Thunderstorm, by Zoo Boy:

A white cloud floats in the sky
It turns dark, and we know why
Plip, plop. Plip, plop.
Rain starts to fall.


Then BOOM goes the thunder
It shakes us down under,
And CRASH goes the lightening,
Its very frightening.







Then plip, plop. Plip, plop.
The rain starts to stop.
Plip, plop. Plip, plop.
Showers.



It's good, no? I mean, considering he's only 5, I'm sort of blown away. Then again, he's my kid, he sort of blows me away on a daily basis....

Meanwhile, here's what The Map Man and I did after the kids were asleep last night. No, we're not burying a body out there in our front yard with our shovels around midnight -- we're planting several variegated dogwood trees that my herding instructor dug up out of her garden for me to take after my lesson last night. They were bare-rooted and needed to get into the ground ASAP, despite the fact that I got home with them at about 10pm. You can be sure it was cause for a bit of discussion amongst our neighbors! But I trust they figured it all out when they got up in the morning and saw the new trees.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, what a great poem - I especially like the rhymes "lightening" and "frightening". Did he come up with music for it too?

Harvest Moon Farm said...

Oh yeah, he's very specific that it's a SONG, not a poem. :-)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures and awesome poem, er song! :) I'm very impressed!

Three Mommies said...

A most excellent song! You have such great kids :)