Tuesday, July 22, 2008

summer break, day 22

Storm damage -- we lost a couple of limbs off of one of the prominent trees on our property, the "Dog Yard Maple". There is SO MUCH I am tempted to post about this, but I'm trying hard to stick to my promise to myself of a month off from "real" blogging, so I'll just leave you with this thought -- it's hard to watch an old friend slowly dying.

The limbs fell into Teak's dog yard, and he made himself a cool bed underneath the pile of branches I lopped off in order to allow him in and out of the gate to his yard. There's a lot more clean-up needed, but that's all I could manage by myself.


Our gardens were more than happy to receive all the rainfall (me too, since it meant I don't have to do any watering for a couple of days!). This is the "wild spot" in the children's garden -- we let one corner grow up to provide a spot for exploration and tunnels (you can see our milkweed forest in the background the right, a part of our wild spot). It's weedy but beautiful!

First day of swim lessons!

The boys spent the bulk of the afternoon practicing what they learned in class.

No comments: