Saturday, November 24, 2007

letters to Santa

Bright and early Friday morning, Zoo Boy excitedly asked "Can we write our letters to Santa now?" The turkey hadn't even completely cooled yet....

But we set forth to notify the jolly old dude about what he should make for my cherubs. J didn't need (or want) any help with his letter this year, he composed and wrote it entirely himself, envelope as well. Zoo Boy opted to hire me as his own personal correspondence secretary (a job which paid off with a great big smile, some of the best salary I've ever earned!). He dictated to me a brief, yet heart-felt, letter:

"Dear Santa,

I wish for a Ugly Doll that is "Ice Bat".

Love,

Zoo Boy"


J's letter was equally specific and to the point:

"Dear Santa,

I want a
ZoobMobile
Car Desig-
ner Kit."

On the back of the page he added "Love, J."

Both kids included a catalog page, with their desired toy circled, to make sure that Santa knew exactly what they were talking about.

The Map Man took the kids down to the post office this morning, where they popped the letters in the mailbox, soon to be whisked off to the North Pole. Being the wonderful boys that they are, I have no doubt that Santa will set to work on their gifts as soon as he gets those notes. He's that kind of guy, Santa.

No comments: