Friday, November 2, 2007

more pics from Northwest Park

Well, you certainly didn't think I was going to post just one entry about My New Favorite Place, did you?

As I mentioned in my earlier post, we visited Northwest Park in Windsor, CT this afternoon with a couple of homeschooling pals. Here's a few more pictures from our picture-perfect afternoon. This first is of my guys on the wetlands lookout.

The kids take a break while on our hike. Our walk took us past old tobacco barns and fields, over streams and wetlands, through mature and new forests. Quite the variety for a 1 1/4 mile hike!


I posted this to make my Dad jealous. Hey, Dad, you just oughta SEE the mushrooms and lichens at this place! Growing all over some stunning dead white birch trees. I wish I'd had my better camera with me, or better yet, YOUR camera! My little camera phone just doesn't do them justice.

Zoo Boy and J joyfully dancing through the fields. I felt the same way, although I didn't actually dance. But it was hard not to on such a gorgeous day in such a lovely place.


J and his good buddy B, strolling through the fall leaves.

No comments: