Saturday, November 10, 2007

new ride at Six Flags

Ok, the winning caption for our little contest was provided by my Dad, and I'm not just "sucking up" by doing that, although I did like everyone's suggestions.

My personal favorite was Habeeb's "Instead of the General Lee, it's the General Nuisance", given my love (NOT!) of that danged tractor and how happy I was to see it leave the premises, as well as some history on it's existence here (seems that the former owner of our property used to get good and drunk and take it for midnight mud-slinging spins in the pasture, something that neighbors recount fondly). But it seemed to me that that particular caption wouldn't have the same appeal for folks outside of our generation....

My suggestion was going to be "so long old paint".

But anyway, in case anyone was wondering, The Map Man did NOT drive the tractor up there, it was winched up by him and the fella who bought it. (If it had actually been running, I'm not sure I could have convinced him to sell it.) The Man just thought he was being funny getting on it, and wanted a photo to cry over a beer with. He loved that ancient piece of farm equipment, even though it hasn't run in near on a decade now.

2 comments:

JamBerry said...

Habeeb said the first thing that came to his mind:
"Dukes of Hazzard, eat your heart out!"
Then he said, "Instead of the General Lee, it's the General Nuisance!"

Anonymous said...

Blast off!