Wednesday, January 16, 2008

random shots

A few random shots from the past couple of days:

Snowy Breakfast:

Here are the sheep having breakfast as the sun comes up over our tree line (behind me) yesterday morning.



On the Tundra:

The kids at play in the sheep pasture. They were pretty disappointed to discover that this snow is too sticky for good sledding. But they found other ways to entertain themselves with the fluffy white stuff (a lot of it involved "hey, I've got a surprise for you" followed by a snowball).

Baaaaa Humbug:

Here's J with the "snow lamb" he and I built.







Invasion of the Hay Scratchers:

The chickens take advantage of the kids leaving the sheep tent unzipped to make themselves at home.


Budding Musicians:

J and Zoo Boy carefully study the music and instructions for their chosen instruments, J's harmonica and Zoo Boy's Boomwackers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful pics, harvest! it really does look like the tundra in your big back yard!

JamBerry said...

I love boomwhackers!!!

Jenn said...

Beautiful pictures! I am going to have to show my boys your snow lamb. I love it!