Tuesday, January 8, 2008

the unknown

The Unknown -- sounds mysterious, doesn't it? And look, there's "The Unknown Pokemon", reclining mysteriously on our Nature Table. How'd it get there? I don't know, it's a mystery!!

Now, bear with me, I'm not exactly up to speed with the Poke-lingo. But J tells me this is "Unknown G". Apparently, The Unknown comes in all the letters of the alphabet. Go figure, huh?

Here is Unknown C (on the left, in case your Poke-identification skills aren't up to snuff). It has the power of "Call". J demonstrates this by calling out "Unknown.... Unknown...." in an echoey sort of spooky sort of mysterious sort of voice. And then, other Unknowns come to it! See, right there next to it, it attracted in Unknown J. It went on to attract a few other Unknowns, too, like O, I and N. And together they made...(pause for suspense and mystery!)...JOIN! ooooooooh....

J demonstrates to Zoo Boy and me how Unknown C uses its power to call in our friend from above, Unknown G. Worked really well -- one minute Unknown G was lounging on the Nature Table in a sea of purple, then next -- kazow!! (I don't think that's an official Poke-noise, by the way, so don't tell my kids I said that or else I shall be chastised) -- there it was with the other Unknowns on the play mat. Mysterious, I tell you!

Of course, the very BEST thing about The Unknown is that you can spell words with them. So most of J's writing these days looks like this. Who ever thought The Unknown could be so much fun?

I'm happy to say that my kids have no fear of The Unknown. I, however, am a little leery of it -- I mean, look at it. It's only got one eye. That's just downright... I dunno... mysterious!

No comments: