Tuesday, September 2, 2008

unspectacular me

My dear friend Kyra at This Mom tagged me for the Unspectacular Meme, which means you all get to read six unspectacular things about me. This oughta be easy!!! And potentially boring.

1. I'm starting our homeschool year on Tuesday, Sept 9 -- I don't know any of the new songs or verses we're doing for circle, nor have I decided the format we are using them in, and I have to work all day, every day (i.e. not home from 6am to 9pm) for the next 6 days. hmmmm....that's pretty unspectacular, isn't it?

2. On that same day, Tuesday, Sept 9, I turn 43. That's about the most unspectacular thing I can think of!

3. 43 is the age at which the average female of our species uses up the last of her life-long egg supply. Which is a bit distressing to me, as I really don't feel like I'm ready to be out of eggs just yet. Not distressing enough to send me into the throws of depression or anything. Just distressing enough to make me feel rather, well, unspectacular.

4. Speaking of eggs, we currently have 31 chickens. Which means, theoretically at least, that I should be collecting about 18 dozen eggs a week. Yet, the most we can seem to muster at this point is about 3 sale-able dozens. Most unspectacular, if I do say.

5. I'm not particularly fond of eggs.

6. I AM particularly fond of chocolate. Too bad our chickens don't lay chocolate eggs. (Just think of how convenient that would be in the spring of the year....)

And that's it! (I'll bet you are all amazed at just HOW unspectacular that really was!!)

Now for something even more unspectacular: I'm supposed to tag 5 other bloggers. Yet, I don't read 5 other blogs that haven't already been tagged. Hm. Problem!!!

So instead, I'll tell you what, why don't ALL of you folks reading this post your MOST unspectacular thing in my comments. If 30 of you do it (do I even HAVE that many readers?? That actually made it this far in this truly unspectacular post?!), it'll be just like I actually did the whole tag thingy. And just think, what more unspectacular way is there to come out of lurking mode and say hi?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try this for unspectacular I'll be 68 in November.
Aunt H. in Pa.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm in my late thirties, married, two kids, drive a minivan. Want to know what I do with the little bit of "me" time I get? I read your blog! Doesn't say much for me but you have such an interesting life, and it's just full of info. Keep it up, I'm addicted...

JamBerry said...

Well, regarding the '43' and 'eggs' thing, keep in mind that there ain't nuttin' "average" about YOU, Harvest Mom!

And my unspectacular comment is that I love slushies. I'm a regular at the local Kangaroo gas stations. And I've apparently trained my boys to be slushie addicts too, because everytime we drive by certain parts of town, someone from the back seat suggests "Slushie!" I should invest in a slushie machine for my birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hello! I've had a lot of unspectacular jobs over the years, including packaging mousetraps and making junk mail... yes, someone actually gets paid to do that.

Jennifer said...

Hmmm... unspectacular me... during the summer, I can go days without even going outside; maybe just to the mailbox. I still wear shirts I had in high school (15 yrs ago) b/c I'm too lazy to go shopping. My hobby is homeschooling, so I like thinking and talking about it. We usually eat at the same restaurants and rarely branch out anymore (not worth the hassle of the unknown with little kids). I spend too much time online because I don't have any other passions at the moment, or well, I do, but it is reading fiction, and I end up staying up too late at night because I can't stop and I just generally neglect the family.