Friday, June 8, 2007

local playground

We spent the bulk of the afternoon yesterday at the local playground. I'm going to pretty much let the pictures speak for themselves, obviously the kids love it there.

Here the boys and a buddy who met us there have fun spinning on the round about.

Zoo Boy the Digger.








J flexes his muscles on the monkey bars.






Playing with the water bubbler.








They hooked up with a couple of other boys to get involved in some sort of project.

One question that I often get about homeschooling that really cracks me up is about socialization. But, what about socialization? people innocently ask. Typically my kids see other kids for at least a couple hours every day, and they are free to actually PLAY and interact with them naturally. It's such a higher quality of socialization than what the schools provide, where the same set of kids are made to sit in chairs and NOT interact with each other. At my sister's kids' school, the kids aren't even allowed to talk to each other during lunch! I just don't see how anyone could consider THAT socialization!

No comments: