Monday, June 18, 2007

more construction, and we're still not done yet!

To be fair, we only put in a couple of hours of work on Sunday. It would be nice to say that was because it was Father's Day and we decided to give The Map Man a well-deserved break. But, well, that's not how it went.

Here he starts work on the clubhouse roof slats.

Next came installing the tunnel, which required both of our hands involved. Despite the fact that it's hotter than blue blazes inside that thing, the kids spent a good chunk of the morning inside of it today. I was dying just lying in there long enough to brace the sides while The Map Man screwed the supports in place.

Then he started working on the crow's nest. This is about as far as we got yesterday, as after I took this photo I headed indoors to hustle the kids into some clothes and throw our swim stuff in a bag so that we could move on to our next destination....

Another construction project! My sister kept an eye on the kids while The Map Man and I gave my brother-in-law a hand with his deck. Looks like a frustrating project, glad I wasn't involved with any of the planning. I'm strictly a "got hammer, tell me where to nail" sort of girl.

The kids had a blast playing with their cousins all afternoon. We (the kids and I) even ventured into the 61 degree (F) pool. Brrrrr. We didn't stay there long, but it sure was refreshing! Of course, none of the kids wanted to get out, but as the only adult foolhardy enough to jump in, I called an end to the "fun" when I could no longer feel anything below my waist.

We were then treated to a really great dinner on the grill, then headed home with sleepy little ones and not enough light left in the day to finish up the playset. Hopefully this evening....

No comments: