Wednesday, April 29, 2009

pond fun

Yesterday was our last day of outrageous heat (94 degrees F -- of course, tonight they are predicting frost....gotta love New England weather!). We celebrated the end of our Summer Preview with an impromptu stop at a State Park with a swimming pond on our way home from Zoo Boy's therapy sessions. Fortunately, I had stashed some extra shorts and a towel in the car, just in case this sort of fun broke out somewhere, so we were prepared for getting wet.


So the kids played in the sand,...














...ate their snack at a shady picnic table,...








...played in the water,...

(it was COLD!)








And overall had a great time! The boys didn't even mind having to share a towel.

I even thought to call some friends to join us, so I had a great time too, visiting with my friend Th and her son B (in the background of this photo).

Back to reality today -- in the 60s, right where it should be in late April. And much, MUCH more my preference. As for the kids, well, they'd be just as happy for an excuse to go swimming (and eat ice cream) every day.

1 comment:

dongdong said...

what fun! my kids too. swimming and ice cream, they love that. :) I don't do well in super heat either.