Sunday, November 7, 2010

six times

This is the end of our official work with the "Missing Diamonds" story. Above is my work for the beginning of the 6 times table, below is J's, and at the bottom is Zoo Boy's. Even though this has dragged on a bit too long, we all enjoyed this work, and I've seen huge improvements in Zoo Boy's drawing ability over the course of the past couple of weeks, I think because he was given the extra "space" to work with a story that really appealed to him. So maybe it's good that it took us three weeks rather than two.

I did write another Strange Family story for them, since Zoo Boy's been requesting one, and as a basis for me to draw up the rest of the times tables to 12 -- but I will just post those to complete the "set" for J's benefit (he's ready to get rolling with times tables), and will not take the kids through the entire process, just because it would be too cumbersome and I feel we've already laid our groundwork well for this. So my plan is to just read the story, have them recall and do a free drawing, and then just post my 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 drawings with the others in the hall and leave it all to rest for a bit.



No comments: