Wednesday, July 20, 2011

two quick updates

Update #1: If anyone is looking for my year-end summaries to update my kids' progress with school work, you're going to have to wait another couple of weeks. We're spending this week and next working with borrowing in long division. I don't usually go this long with our school year, but the situation called for a couple more weeks now, which will sort of balance out an anticipated lull in the action come January/February due to the new baby.

Which leads right into:


Update #2: Here's my latest ultrasound photo, from 2 weeks ago, of our little country bumpkin. This is a profile shot, you can see nose (already prominent like Mommy and Daddy!) and lips pretty clearly. That white blob over Bumpkin's head is her/his hand -- a drama queen already!

The horrible morning sickness seems to have left the building (KNOCK ON A REALLY LARGE CHUNK OF WOOD!), and so has the ridiculous exhaustion, which is an enormous relief. Things are going really, really well, and despite my "advanced maternal age" they are treating me like any other pregnant woman because, well, there's just no reason not to, I'm healthy and everything's going great.

Next (and I assume last) ultrasound is in another month, they'll do a close-up look at Bumpkin's organ functioning to make sure all is well, and we should find out the sex then as well. This pregnancy is just so different than my others, I can't help but think it's a girl. Guess we'll see soon enough!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Glad to hear all is well with your growing little one! Enjoy those kicks and flutters :)