Saturday, April 19, 2008

spring heat wave

Whew! We've got a bit of a heat wave going on around here, boasting our first days in shorts. It's a little TOO warm, in fact, but I assure you, I'll take this over icy winter weather! So will the sheep, who are happy to see the grass growing again. I'm personally more excited about the forsythia in bloom!

The boys have spent quite a bit of time just bumming about the farm yesterday and today. It's good weather for that, I have a lot of post-winter clean up type work to do, and they do a good job of keeping themselves occupied yet always within shouting distance. I'm not real sure what they are up to in this photo, but after taking the picture I wandered closer to get a look and wound up only seeing this:

Hm. Those smiles look a little TOO innocent, if you ask me!










The heat didn't keep them in shade, though, and they stripped off their shirts when they got too warm.








"Is it summer yet?" Zoo Boy has been asking every day since the last of the snow melted away. He can't wait to go swimming at the lake again. Soon enough, my little water bug, soon enough.

1 comment:

Chris said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.