Saturday, February 28, 2009

award incompetence

I'm very honored that dongdong over at The Adventures of Prime (W) and J has nominated me for a Lemonade Award, for a blog that shows great Attitude and/or Gratitude.

And here's where my almost entire lack of technological competence shows. You'll see my problem following even the simple rules of accepting this award:


Here are the rules:

1. Put the logo on your blog or post.

2. Nominate blogs which show great Attitude and/or Gratitude

3. Link to your nominees within your post.

4. Let them know they have received this award by commenting on their blog.

5. Share the love and link this post to the person from whom you received your award.




Ok, the linking stuff I can do, I've been linking to things in my blog entries for years. But that first part? Step number 1?

I have no idea how to do it. I tried cut and past, which is about the only computer function that I'm really comfortable with (although blogger's not the easiest place to cut and paste). I tried clicking on the cute little lemonaid stand logo, but it's not clickable. (Don't think that stopped me from trying repeatedly to click on it!) The "arrow over" function tells me it's a photobucket file, although I can't seem to find a link to the file, and with past experiences with photobucket, I've not had outrageous success lifting artwork for my blog anyway.


What's a technologically deficient award recipient to do??


I'll tell you what this one is going to do.



1. Thanks so much, dong dong, for the award! I nominate you back.

2. I nominate all the blogging moms I read.

3. Here's a few of them that you might like too: Tree of Life Homeschool, This Mom, Aspergertopia, Red Dirt Mother, Live, Learn, Knit

4. Since I can't figure out how to even accept the award myself, I'm not going to send anyone here to try to figure it out by back-tracking, so I'll skip the notification process. Just know that I truly enjoy reading all of the above blogs, and many others (whom I'm not entirely confident would want me advertising their blogs....). Plus, I really don't comment much on other folks blogs.

5. This part I can do! Go read about the Adventures of Prime and J -- there's lots of great pictures and stories of homeschooling fun!


Y'know, what I really need is for someone to give me an award for managing to maintain a blog with almost no technological know-how. Seriously, I deserve that one!

3 comments:

dongdong said...

You do copy (control C) on my blog and then(control V) to paste the whole thing.

I had a little problem copying the actual picture to put it on the side, but later figured out if you right click and save in your computer and then use blogger feature to upload the pic, that should work. Anyway, hope that helps!

Anonymous said...

you deserve it, honey!!!

thanks for the link--most importantly, the links to other blogs, most of which are entirely new to me. so fun!

amy said...

Thank you!! Off to click your links. Well, after I change a diaper. On second thought, it might be a while before I'm back... but I'll get to those links!