Saturday, February 28, 2009

carnival tricks

My friend T (as opposed to my friend Th, or my friend Tr -- I think there's some new law stating that your name must start with T in order to be my friend. It's my new screening process....) threw a birthday party for her daughter D today. My kids have been to some pretty outrageous parties lately -- first the fabulous Kyra threw her son Fluffy an amazing space adventure/mad science thing where the kids defeated enemy worlds and then blew things up and set them on fire. (I mean, really, how can you go wrong?) Unfortunately, I was too stunned to remember to take any photos of that party. And now T went and did this.

But today I worked around my jaw hanging on the floor to take pictures of the guest performer who taught the kids a bevy of carnival tricks, including:

Balancing Peacock feathers on their fingers. (And feet. And forehead.)







Juggling scarves.









Making juggling balls.









Two-person ball juggling.










Spinning plates atop sticks.









He then made balloon animals (and crowns, and airplanes, and motorcycles, and dinosaurs, and you-name-it) while the kids ate.







But as if that wasn't wonderful enough, T had the kids dye their juggling scarves, too. (they went home with a trio of juggling scarves, and a spinning plate and stick -- it's been like a carnival side-show in here for the past few hours....).

Zoo Boy's birthday part is next week. I'm feeling very, very inferior....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU? inferior? NEVER!!!

that does sound amazing! maybe we can get that guy next year?