Thursday, October 18, 2007

autumn displays

We've been enjoying the decorations in our neighborhood on our morning bike rides/walks this week. So I thought I'd share a few.

This first one is at our drive gate. I'm pretty happy with it (and the matching set of corn stalks, hay bale, and mum on the other side of the gates), but Zoo Boy is now insisting that we get some "spooky decorations". He loves all the local Halloween displays. Guess I can't blame him, I loved all those tacky seasonal decorations when I was a kid too. Maybe we can find a happy medium and make a scarecrow out of natural materials.

Across the street they have a nice, simple autumn display, too, against their freshly painted fence. I was surprised to see someone painting a picket fence with something other than white, but I think this rustic red looks really nice.

I like this one too -- all natural materials and pretty much a traditional autumn display, other than the addition of a sign that says "The Witch Is In", which makes us all giggle.


These folks have gone a little overboard, but of course Zoo Boy loves it. This is only part of their display -- they've also got a "scary clown", as Zoo Boy calls it, sitting in a lawn chair, and various other Halloween scenes heading up the hill to their house.

Of course, in my mind, nothing is going to beat nature's spectacular display! Despite the drought causing everything to change later and much less dramatically, there's still a nice view from our front steps (shown here).

No comments: