Tuesday, October 9, 2007

more from Buell's Orchard

I just wanted to post a few more photos from yesterday's trip to Buell's Orchard in Eastford, Connecticut, where we attended their annual Fall Festival. I already posted about the stuff we did, I just figured there were too many nice scenic photos not to share a few more.

Apples. Like they need any explanation!!






This is the Cider Mill. The apples in the above photos are in one of those crates outside the mill. We were able to go in and watch cider being pressed, it was pretty interesting.


Three stages in the lifecyle of a Pumpkin -- the flower, a young growing pumpkin, and a mature ripe pumpkin.




An old orchard building, behind the Yellow Delicious apples trees.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you to know that I'm out here reading your blog, I have been following it since you were on the first blog. I really like J's drawings, and think they are very interesting. I look forward to your blogs every day.I also think you and the "Map Man" are great parents for what you are doing, you are doing a great job.
The Map Man's aunt and uncle in H.V.Pa.

Harvest Moon Farm said...

Aunt H.!!! I'm so glad you wrote to let me know that you are reading -- that means a lot to us, and helps us feel connected with family. Much love from us!