Friday, October 26, 2007

a Thursday collage

After my earlier "heavier" post, I thought it would be fun to just throw up some pics from our day yesterday.

During the rainy portion mid-day, we spent a couple hours at the children's museum, where J (dressed as the ship's captain) took part in an impromptu lesson on buoys and knots by one of the museum intern, while Zoo Boy was busy talking a 14 yr old volunteer into taking all sorts of animals out for him to pet (the photos I tried taking all came out too blurry, there's just not enough light in that animal room).

The sun did come out eventually, so we left to pursue some outdoor fun. J bought a compass at the museum shop, here he's navigating our way back to our car.




We went for a walk at a natural area in the town where I work (and Joy came along for the fun).





The kids had fun climbing around on this Hickory tree.






As we do every Thursday evening, we wound up over at the dog training facility where I teach classes. (The Map Man comes and picks the kids up there and brings them home on his way home from work.) The boys LOVE coming with me to "work" and playing in my classroom -- they use the skateboards and wheelchairs and dog toys and run around a lot. This winter I'll bring their scooters with us too. And the staff loves having them there to socialize their puppies for them! The pups get used to wheeled things zipping by, and kids running around and laughing and squealing.

No comments: