Friday, October 19, 2007

autumn scenes around the farm

With torrential rains (HOORAY!!) predicted for tonight, I figured I'd better take some photos of the Autumn color around our farm today. Would have been nicer if it was a bright, sunny morning, but instead it was cloudy and misty. Oh, well, still looks pretty, just not as spectacular as it would with sunshine gleaming off those leaves. Here's the barnyard, with the white hay tent clearly visible between the chicken coop and the barn, and my mare, Lacy, patiently waiting for her mid-morning snack.

A view from the barnyard towards the road. That's a Rhode Island Red hen in the foreground, and one of my Smooth Collies in the middle. And our old rusty Case tractor in the field. It's sold. It's been sold for a year now. But for some reason it's still HERE. I can't quite figure that one out....but it's not my department, so I'm trying to be patient about it's departure....

The top of the sheep pasture. We moved the kids' old swingset down there when we built the new playscape, to give the kids someplace to swing while we're out working in the barnyard. Usually they're more interested in climbing trees and exploring in the pasture, but the swingset gets just enough use to justify it's existence.



Looking across our front yard paddock, with another one of my Smooth Collies in the foreground. This paddock was part of our fencing project this summer.







The view up our driveway towards the road. I expect that it won't be so scenic come Sunday morning if we get all the wind, rain, and hail they are predicting over the next couple of days. Of course, we need the rain desperately, so it's a really good thing. But it's a shame that the scenery will have to suffer for it.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

So beautiful! I love the colors of Autumn! It's my absolute favorite time of year.

Most of our trees are already bare, so there is not much to look at, but there certainly is a lot to play with. I don't think a person could ever run out of things to do with a blanket of leaves on the ground.