Wednesday, October 31, 2007

seven

Well, here he is, my seven year old. SEVEN. How the heck did THAT happen?? J had a great time celebrating the actual day of his birthday yesterday at Foster Farm (which I blogged about earlier here and here), then we headed over to the children's museum for a class (which I'll talk more about in my week 9 wrap-up at the end of the week), then home for yet another cake (talked about below), then dinner over at McDonald's (J's favorite restaurant, so how could we say no?). Full day. And hopefully the end of the birthday chaos!

I try to get a portrait type photo of both of the kids on each of their birthdays. So after getting multiple usable shots of J, I asked Zoo Boy if he would stick his his head out the porthole of the pirate ship so I could get his photo, and here's what he gave me:




....classic Zoo boy....







But I did manage to get a decent shot when he wasn't expecting me to be lurking around with a camera. If it's not obvious to everyone already, he's singing "Yo, ho, ho, ho, a pirate's life for me...."






About that cake, here it is. Our 3rd cake of this birthday. This time an ice cream cake, because we have enough traditional cake left over from the first two parties to choke a horse. (No, we didn't actually test out that theory, though we could have. But given that both of our ponies have metabolic problems and can't have sugar, we figured it wasn't a safe experiment.)


J excitedly opens his gift from us, a Lego Star Wars X-Wing Fighter set. A direct quote "This is GREAT! I love Star Wars! I love Lego's! This is a GREAT present!"

Mom done good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aw, you sure did! it's been a whirlwind celebration!