Sunday, March 8, 2009

distant friends, a little closer

Friends from our RDI days dropped in for a visit today, up from the southland in which they live. This is Jamberry and her scrumptious new baby boy. She also brought her hubby and two other kids along with her as well, although her J-man was unavailable for photographing for most of their stay (that boy is hard to keep up with!).

I was so excited that they visited, I actually cooked them a ham. It's the last of last year's hams, and was a far cry better than the one I cooked in November. (The other two I gave away -- one I actually had some of and it was fantastic, the other is rumored to have been quite good as well, leading me to believe that it has something to do with my cooking rather than the quality of the hams themselves....)


This is Jam's hubby, Habeeb, engaged in a sword-fight with Zoo Boy.

They got a very short tour of the farm thanks to the vast quantities of mud currently gracing our property. (That's what they get for visiting us in March!) But they managed to see just about everything we have (albeit at a distance). I introduced them personally to this coming year's hams....


J was very smitten with the baby. So was I for that matter. But for some reason they were unwilling to let the little feller stay here with us. Guess they're pretty smitten with him, too.







Zoo Boy thought Sly, and his DS system, was "really cool".













Seriously, is this not the cutest baby on the planet?!!

What about it, Jam, wanna grow one for me too?!?!?! Pretty please?!?!

1 comment:

JamBerry said...

Hey!!! We're back home and still getting caught up on emails and blogs. We had such a great time visiting yall! And thoroughly enjoyed munching on Porky's relatives too--yum! :)
SB3 is enjoying his beads, btw! Thanks!!
Hugs!!!