Monday, March 9, 2009

summary of nothing, week # who-gives-a-flying-leap

Ok, is it just me, or are my weekly summaries boring the heck out of all of you, too? For the last half a year I've been considering stopping them, but the dysfunctional obsessive organizer in me kept plodding my way through them. Even though I could hear the yawning from here. I mean, who wants to read AGAIN what I've been yammering about all week anyway?!

So that's it! I'm done! I give up on weekly summaries! I'm letting go of the insanity! (Well, that part of it anyway.)

Although I WILL tell you that this first photo is what our barnyard looked like on Tuesday morning, after a March Nor'easter dumped a foot of snow on us on Monday. By Saturday, it was a total mud-pit, with nary a drop of snow to be seen, and nary a mud-free hair to be found on the shiny clean red horse in this photo. Tonight? We're snow-covered again. The forecast promises that it'll all turn into a big block of frozen ice by morning. I'm pretty much lovin' March. (NOT. But then again, I've never EVER loved March....)


Anyway, back to not summarizing my week, here are a few more photos I thought it might be fun to share anyway. This is a little diorama play set thingy that the boys' friend D gave to Zoo Boy for his birthday. In his words "I've never had a present like this before!" The wooden dinos, the polished rocks and dyed wool for scenery? All big hits. Even the box it came in is a winner.



And here's the boys checking their reference materials (a pop-up dinosaur book that was a gift from one of the grandmothers) to find out facts about all the characters in the scene they created. A polite argument of whether the dino on the far right is a Brontosaurus, an Apatosaurus, a Brachiosaurus, or a Supersaurus ensued. I made T-Rex eat it, and pointed out that HE didn't seem to care what it's name was, he thought it was tasty either way.

(By the way, spellcheck likes Brontosaurus, but not any of the others. Go figure.)


Kool-aid dyed wool, from the Sheep-to-Scarf class I'm teaching, just 'cuz it looks yummy. Not 'cuz it had anything to do with this past week. Truly. Remember, we had a foot of snow on Monday, there WAS no class this past week.





And, finally, one of those treats that I found on my camera when I left it lying around one day. Zoo Boy, apparently writing with his feet.

If only I'd realized sooner that this was the way to get him interested in writing....

1 comment:

dongdong said...

I don't find your summary a yawn, but I think your blog, you have the right to do whatever you like. Those cool-aid yarn looks very yummy. We hope to do some of that soon too.