Sunday, March 27, 2011

ballet class

(I know, I'm doing it again, blogging in bursts -- my apologies, my computer is giving me all kinds of problems, I can't always open it up every day, hence you get a glut of posts on the days I can get in. SOMEDAY I'll have a brand new, reliable computer. In the meantime, this is the best I can do....)

It was Parent Observation Week at the ballet school last week, so I got to sit in on 3 of J's ballet classes, and even remembered to bring my camera to Friday's class! J dances ballet on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays (and would dance it the rest of the days, too, if he had his choice!). He was moved up a level between semesters this year, and from what I'm being told, he's doing really great at this level. (They all seem to think I should be able to see how obviously wonderful he's doing just by watching a class -- hahahaha! When it comes to dance, I'm afraid I'm completely clueless. But I nod my head a lot like I understand what they are saying, and I sure as heck love watching him dance. I'm bound to get more with the program the longer he dances. Fortunately, I completely trust his instructors and directors to steer him right, so if they say he's doing great, I'm perfectly willing to believe them!)

Class begins! This is one of his two male instructors. I'm really pleased that he's dancing at a school with not only one, but two fabulous male ballet teachers! The more male dancer role models for him, the better, as far as I'm concerned! J of course idolizes them both.

Mr. David helps J improve his foot placement.












S-T-R-E-T-C-H-----










It's such a thrill for me to watch J doing something he is so passionate about (and apparently talented at). Although I can tell he's pretty distracted by me being in the classroom with him, so I guess it's good that it's not Parent's Observation Week every week!

No comments: