Friday, May 2, 2008

action originals

I thought you all might like to see some of the action paintings that the kids created in their museum class about Jackson Pollock on Tuesday.

This is J's finished work.

Here's Zoo Boy's masterpiece. I think this piece was intended to be every bit as dark as it comes across -- he was pretending to be very maniacal as he created this, laughing in an evil voice and making threatening statements -- all in good fun for him, but still, he was expressing the mood that he was creating artistically. Very interesting!!! (Especially considering that I've always leaned towards dark subject matters in my writings and artwork, especially when I was young, despite being a fairly upbeat person in general.)

Another offering from J, although I don't think this is a finished work. The class ended and the teacher picked up the paints before J was really ready to get up from his work. But I find it very similar to his first piece in content and mood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, although I'm not a fan of modern art, I do look at it and try to figure it out, something I usually can't do. I was looking at J's work in regards to his Jackson Pollock class, and I can see some of Pollock in his work, I think J was able to see and learn a great deal in class. I Googled Jackson Pollock, and as soon as it came up on Goole three of his works came up right away, the first and third reminded me of J's work.I think J can paint or draw in any form, I like all of J's work. Aunt H.in Pa.