Tuesday, May 20, 2008

letterboxing at Salmon River

I'm so far behind in my posting, my apologies to all!

The Map Man took the boys letterboxing over the weekend (while I was working) at Salmon River State Forest in Colchester, CT. Here's some photos of the fun - they had a nice day and a fantastic time!

The boys navigate a puddle on the trail.






They found two letterboxes and left our stamp inside the pad, and stamped our pad with the boxes' stamps.





Then they spent some time chucking rocks in the river.







The boys pose by the Comstock Bridge. Looks like a great place for hiking (and fishing!! The Salmon River is famous as a trout stream!). I'm sure that won't be our only visit to that spot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Letterboxing looks like fun! When Daniel is a little older, I'd love to do that with him!