Tuesday, May 13, 2008

summarizing week #31, spring #7

I seem to be falling farther and farther behind with my weekly summaries! Life -- it's just SO busy!

In any case, this past week was an action-packed week full of outings, classes and programs. We had our usual Monday Homeschool Classes, sessions for both boys with a new Speech and Language Pathologist on Tuesday, a really cool space program on Friday, and The Map Man took the kids to a great state-run program on Saturday.

J worked on a few independent projects, as usual, this week. In this particular project, which he called "splitting light", he used a piece of cardboard with a slit cut in it and a glass of water to create a prism, throwing a rainbow across a piece of white paper.




This was the third week of our Five Little Ducks Adventure Circle, and I selected an Enki Kindergarten Fairy Tale called "The Star Frog" as our curriculum story, to try to balance out all the hard-core science they were getting on Friday in the star program. I think it worked well -- when we got home that evening, J drew this picture, and was excited when I correctly identified it as the Star frog. (The morning star on her head is where the little girl that she helped in the story kissed her.)

We wrapped up our week with a small Mother's Day celebration at home (there I am in all the splendor of my work clothes!), and then went to a cook out at my sister's to celebrate with more family.

Family Story Time stories this week were: Rabbits and Raindrops, by Jim Arnosky; Going to Town, by Laura Ingalls Wilder, illustrated by Renee Graef (one of the My First Little House Books series); and All I See is Part of Me, by Chara M. Curtis, illustrated by Cynthia Aldrich, which is another one of my all-time favorite books, about every person's connection with the universe.

The kids are also enjoying the chapter book we are reading -- Charlotte's Web, by E.B. White. Here's what I found on the magnadoodle one day. That Wilbur, he's some pig. And according to Zoo Boy, our Pig is some sow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) I love busy weeks, but my head is still spinning and I haven't quite realized that it's May yet!

I especially enjoyed the MagnaDoodle pictures since my Daniel does a lot of those and has recently been into Charlotte's Web. :)

Have a great week!