Tuesday, May 13, 2008

last day of class

Yesterday was our last day of homeschool classes for the semester, and the year. In Museum Explorers, the fabulous Ms Nicky gave the kids a behind-the-scenes tour of the animal facilities, and the kids helped out by cleaning Scooby's (a fan-tailed pigeon) cage.

The kids tour the storage areas behind the animal display cases. Ms Nicky answers questions about caring for the animals that are on display, and those that are not kept on display as well, including a pair of Degus (a largish gerbil-like rodent), and an albino hedgehog that the kids got to meet and pet.


J works on scrubbing Scooby's food dish, while other kids (including Zoo Boy) work on cleaning the cage itself.





Zoo Boy supervises the delivery of the fresh shavings for Scooby's cage.





The kids all pitched in together to prepare Scooby's food, which consisted of several kinds of seed, fresh broccoli, and millet sprays. They then set the food and water dishes in the cage, and returned Scooby (who immediately got busy eating his dinner).

We're going to miss our Monday classes over the summer, but we were excited to learn that Museum Explorers will be offered again in the fall -- hooray!

3 comments:

KerriLea said...

S,
Can you believe this is the first time I've really taken time to sit and read your blog? Shame on me!
It's wonderful!
The boys look great and it seems you've all really gotten into an Enki groove.
hugs from Ohio!
Kerri and P

Anonymous said...

Oh, Scooby is sooo cute!!! I really wish I could pet him. I can't wait to see J & Zoo Boy again!!! :)
;)

Anonymous said...

Dear Harvest Mom, J, & Zoo Boy,

You guys are soooo lucky to be out of school already!!! I wish I was J or Zoo Boy! Every once and a while I find myself skimming your blog. But this time the title caught my eyes. I read the whole blog and I saw my dad in one of the pix @ the rock-wall @ the YMCA!!! TTYL