Wednesday, February 2, 2011

pedro meets the giant again


In the story "Pedro Meets the Giant Again," our friend Pedro accidentally ran into that Giant he tricked. The Giant thought Pedro had actually sought him out for another contest of strength, and Pedro found himself having no choice but to accept the Giant's challenge again. This time, they held a contest to see who could throw a stone the farthest. The Giant threw his hundreds of yards. Pedro's threw his "rock" and it just kept on going -- because it really was a blackbird. The Giant realized something wasn't quite right, but couldn't put his finger on it, and Pedro made yet another narrow get-away.


Above is J's drawing of Pedro throwing the blackbird during their competition. Below is Zoo Boy's drawing, of the Giant throwing his rock to the mountains (on the right side of the page), and Pedro throwing his an unknown distance.


I have no complaint about Zoo Boy's effort with today's work, so I think some of what I'm putting into effect (more on that in a future post, I promise!) is working the way I was hoping it would. I love how easy my mornings are when he's feeling integrated into what we're doing as a family. The trick is keeping him feeling that way, which seems to be a bit of a juggling act, but mostly involves being aware of how important sticking to firm daily rhythms are for his overall well being, and allowing him to choose between options that I find acceptable so that he feels like he has some control over his schedule. More on that later!

No comments: