Saturday, July 7, 2007

butterflies, part three

This is the third in a series on the butterflies we saw at Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory in South Deerfield, MA. For part one click here, for part two click here -- for posts about our visit, click here and here.

I'm not entirely sure which butterfly this is, but it's pretty! A Lacewing, maybe?

A female Cairns Birdwing -- if I was organized, I would have put here near the photo of the male, which can be found in the first part of this series. But I didn't realize until just this minute that I had photos of both the male and the female. Go figure!

A Giant Swallowtail.







A Banded Orange, visiting my mother's hand.









A Rice Paper getting overly familiar with me (that's my leg, the photo is taken looking down my body). This guy was perched on the edge of my shorts and was probing up under then with his tongue. It was really tickling me!

No comments: