Friday, July 20, 2007

playing the doh

Figured I'd throw up some pics of the kids with their playdoh creations from yesterday.

Here J shows off a sculpture of a seahorse. We've been reading The Sign of the Seahorse by Graeme Base, a lot of their artwork and play is reflecting the themes and images in the book.


Zoo Boy makes what he calls a swordfish sword. (And then proceeds to run through the house chasing us and trying to stab us with it....such a boy....)







J uses one of the clay-sculpting tools with some playdoh to create a flag. He likes using a multi-media approach to his artwork. (For more examples, please feel free to visit a blog I was running for his artwork, The View From The Inside, which I am no longer posting on as I'd rather keep both boys' artwork here on this blog instead.)


Zoo Boy shows off the gun he made. Naturally, we all got shot repeatedly with it. Notice a recurring theme with him??








J shows me something he made (he couldn't tell me what it was, he didn't know the word for it -- neither do I -- it was some complex three dimensional geometric shape that weaves upon itself, sort of like a Celtic knot), while he checks out Zoo Boy's creation. I'm not sure which of Zoo Boy's weapons this was, but I think everything he built yesterday had some sort of destructive power. (This may have been a bomb.)

No comments: