Friday, July 13, 2007

pictures not seen

Ok, so the idea was a good one. A camera that is always with me because I have my phone with me. And I did good -- I bought one with enough megapixels (as many as you can get in a camera phone) so that the quality of my pictures wouldn't be totally embarrassing.

What I didn't take into account was a very bad mixture of personality traits: my propensity for taking pictures of flowers and my inability to remember to set my camera back to "auto" after taking them. So for the last several days my camera has been set on "macro" and all my photos have been ridiculously blurry, except for those two flowers I managed to take (which I'm planning on using at another time, so you don't even get to see those!). So much so that I won't even subject you to them. For a fine example, see the first photo in my last post. I blamed it on the rain at the time. Little did I know that my incompetence was truly to blame!

So you will NOT be seeing a picture of my new white chickens lying in a pile on on top of each other in the corner of the pony paddock yesterday morning. Why were they doing this? I have no idea, it's truly one of the most bizarre things I've ever seen in regards to chicken behavior. Bizarre enough for me to pull out my phone and take a photo. As soon as it snapped, they realized I was watching, and I could hear the leader say "quick! There's a human watching" and they instantly dispersed and began acting like chickens again. I'm reminded a bit of the "Click Clack Moo" book and am half expecting a note with demands for more comfortable bedding to appear on my doorstep.

You will NOT be seeing pictures of J getting his very first professional haircut ever. I nearly passed out when, after finishing up with Zoo Boy (who just loves a good coif), our hairdresser turned to J and said "ok, so is it your turn now?" and J happily agreed yes and jumped into the chair. They had to mop me off the floor with his locks.

You will NOT be seeing pictures of the ADORABLE half-grown spotted twin White-tailed Deer fawns that J pointed out as we were driving into Stratton Brook State Park in Simsbury, CT, today. Too bad, because we were pretty close, and they were just darned cute!

You will NOT be seeing pictures of Zoo Boy finally figuring out how to swim with his floatation vest on. Actually, you may not have seen much in those photos anyway -- just a speck out in the water. Once he figured out he could swim, he no longer had any use for the shallow water.

You will NOT be seeing pictures of J figuring out how to paddle on his boogie board. Or of the look on his face when he fell off the boogie board and wound up under water for an instant. Or the look when he realized he was actually OK with that. (Actually, someone probably should have been taking a picture of the look on MY face during that sequence....)

You will NOT be seeing pictures of the friends we met at the park to go swimming with. Actually, come to think of it, you wouldn't have seen pictures of them anyway as they don't want me posting about them. (That's just thrown in there as a tease, because they read my blog :-)

I wasn't expecting that you'd see a blog entry from me at all tonight, actually, but just look at how much I had to say about nothing! My mother always said I own a pretty large shovel and know how to use it....

No comments: