Thursday, December 11, 2008

e -- vowels, part 3

I am a stream so swift and clear,
As down the rocky rapids steep,
I sing my song for all to hear,
"Watch the gleaming tears I weep."

-from The True Name of the King, Enki Education Grade 1 Academic Story


During yesterday's portion of the story, the poor girl discovered that the name of the king is not Jewel, nor is it Blue Heavens (which she only considered briefly during this segment before realizing that couldn't be it). A Water Sprite helped her listen to the flowing stream, and eventually the rain storm. She was confident that the true name of the King must be "Tears". (She, of course, was wrong, as we found out during today's portion....)


Our story painting today is of a blue sky and blue water (a lake or stream), with a rock in there just to make the water seem more water-like (I suppose.....).




J's paintings, and yet another instance of liking the kids' work better than my own. In fact, I strongly considered leaving my own paintings out of this post altogether and just using the boys'. But being a stickler for consistency, I included mine anyway.






Zoo Boy's paintings. These paintings went particularly smoothly for us -- the kids are really getting the hang of (and enjoying!) led paintings.

As yesterday, the boys were anxious to get to the story to find out what happens. At the end of today's segment, one of them blurted out, frustrated, "It's STILL not the end?!" I told them that the end would come when the poor girl finally tells the king what her guess of his name is. They asked when that would be, and I told them a couple more days. They seemed fine with that answer -- I think it was the uncertainty of not knowing when it was ending that bothered them, rather than not enjoying the story and work, as I know they are quite enjoying it. And so am I!

No comments: