Friday, December 26, 2008

a few of my favorite things

While the kids work on constructing one of their favorite things from this Christmas (Playmobil castle/knights set), I thought as a tribute to one of my all-time favorite movies (also a seasonal favorite world wide!), I would share a few of my favorite things:



One of my favorite holiday treats: Gingerbread cookies. Yummy!










My new favorite seasonal decoration, this amazing horse-drawn sleigh being driven by a sheep, pig, and chicken -- all of our farm animals in one decoration!! (Thanks so much, Christine, I just LOVE it!!!!) The inscription on the side reads "It's lovely weather for a sleigh ride together with ewe". Cracks me up every time.... (what can I say, sheep jokes are my favorite!).


My favorite thing that we gave as gifts this year -- ornaments that the kids made. They painted heavy watercolor paper, cut it out, punched holes in it, and strung a piece of yarn through. Simple, and really neat looking, I think.



My favorite gift-to-wear, these spectacular earrings made by my talented friend Penney. You too can own spectacular jewelry made by Penney by visiting her Etsy shop, Zen Paw Creations. Makes great gifts! (Especially if you're looking for a gift for me!) I own other jewelry from Zen Paw, just ask and I'll be happy to model for you.





My favorite gift that the kids received, a Mancala game. Yea, Santa, good job!! The Map Man and I have been hogging it. For now it's not causing any strife, as the kids are still busy building their fortress of Playmobil, but we fear they will eventually try to reclaim it....





My favorite gift, possibly of all time! The Map Man formatted and printed out my entire Jacob's Journey blog. I can't even begin to imagine how much time this took him, as I attempted doing this once before myself and quit after formatting just half a month. I am totally blown away that he put this much effort into a gift for me. He's going to have it bound for me too. He earned some MAJOR brownie points, and can basically do no wrong in my eyes, at least for the time being.
Which brings me to a question that perhaps someone out there amongst my readership might know the answer to -- is there a company that prints and binds blogs? I would love to do that yearly with this blog, as a bound record of our homeschooling activities, a real scrapbook as well as a virtual one. If nobody does that, I think there's an opportunity for someone to make a bunch of money....I mean, I can't be the only one who likes to see her work in writing, right?

5 comments:

Bea said...

I am really enjoying all the great holiday pics, thanks so much!!
Bea

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelley! Merry Christmas to you and your family. I have used Blurb (blurb.com of course) for several books, and I know they have a blog printing option. I think they can slurp all of your posts in and set it up for you. Their pricing is really affordable (considering you are getting full color custom printed books)!

Michelle Kindig said...

What a great gift. Yes, he deserves all of those brownie points!
Happy Holidays!
Fondly, Michelle

Potato said...

I was going to suggest blurb too- I still plan to do it, but the formatting is daunting-I've heard that it still takes a lot of woek, even with their blog option. But their products are lovely when they are done.

Harvest Moon Farm said...

Thanks, guys! The problem with Blurb is that they don't support the Blogger platform, so I would need to convert to a different platform. I'm on the trail of something that might work without too huge an effort, though, so thank you for pointing me in the right direction!