Tuesday, November 29, 2011

letters north

The Santa magic is still strong here. I'm enjoying it while it lasts, but it's nice to know that there's a wee one coming along to keep it going for another decade or so!

Above is J's letter, below is Zoo Boy's.


Something I never got around to blogging about was the fact that J took all his birthday monies, combined with some of what he's squirreled away from his job, and bought himself a wii console and a couple of games -- Mario world type stuff. He was very mature asking me if he would be allowed to buy it, so I was mature about it too and told him that I felt at 11 years old, he's old enough to decide if he can handle having a video game system. He's been quite responsible about using it, and the boys only play on it for about half an hour a day, after they come in from doing their chores and while I'm cooking breakfast, and never whine about it when I tell them to turn it off, nor do they bug me about using it, waiting instead until I offer. They love having something to talk about with other boys they meet, Mario seems to be a cultural constant in this age group.

No comments: