Saturday, July 11, 2009

way better frog picture

Ok, here's what a bullfrog at our local frog pond looks like when captured with better photographic equipment than my little point-n-shoot Fugi. My Dad sent this along after our visit over there on Wednesday.

He also informed me that my information on Indian Pipes (see my last post) was not quite correct. Apparently it is not a fungus itself, but rather a parasitic plant that depends on a fungus for its nutrients since does not have chlorophyll and hence cannot produce it's own food. Interesting stuff! (Maybe I should hit up my Dad for a better picture of Indian Pipes, too....)

Thanks, Dad!

1 comment:

ChristineMM said...

Thanks for sharing on the Indian Pipes. I saw many last week at Boy Scout camp and on my mental to do list was to figure out what they were. The boys told me their name. I assumed they were a mushroom but they said they were plants. Have not seen my photos of them yet, need to download camera. Thanks.