Thursday, July 30, 2009

haircuts!

J's been struggling with wet hair in his eyes during swimming lessons, and I've been trying to scrape the money together to get him to the hairdresser who he'll let cut it. But I finally got so sick of it, I said, heck with waiting, I'll cut it now. (Always a scary thing, since I have absolutely NO hair cutting training, just a very small amount of dog grooming experience.) So I sort of held my breath and cut at the same time.






Voila!

He made me cut all of his hair off the back -- I've always loved him with a "pirate look" of long hair in the back, but I guess he's finally gotten sick of it. So although it made me cringe, I followed his wishes and chopped it off. Actually, I think he looks pretty sharp.






In fact, I liked how it came out so much, I forced Zoo Boy into submission and whacked his off too. He's a kid that looks GREAT with really short hair -- all-American boy type with all those freckles. Yet, the boy likes to be shaggy. So he wasn't particularly thrilled with being at the other end of my scissors.







But just look at how cute he looks!

Of course, he's mad as heck at both me and the haircut....but at least he looks good!

And we saved about $30 by doing it myself. (Which is a good thing, because I took them to a matinee this week to see "Ice Age 3" in 3-D. A warning to all parents -- the 3-D surcharge is ASTRONOMICAL, making it by far the most expensive movie we've ever seen. Good thing they enjoyed it, because THAT won't be happening again!)

No comments: