Thursday, April 15, 2010

play ball!

This week the boys started baseball classes via the same great homeshool organization that works with the YMCA to bring us the mixed sports class J participates in. Zoo Boy shocked me by agreeing to take the T-ball class. He shocked me even more by actually enjoying it and having nothing but good things to say about it afterwards. I have hope he'll even agree to go back next week! See for yourself:

He learned about base-running...










...throwing...










...batting...














...and fielding. He said that his coach (seen here all the way to the right) is "friendly" and "kind" and that he really likes him. So, woo hoo!








J watches Zoo Boy's class, waiting for his turn. He and other kids from the Instructional Baseball class he's in spent a lot of time playing ball on another field while waiting for their class. J's big-time into baseball this year. It's genetic -- I was a HUGE baseball/RedSox fan as a kid, even more so than I am a football/Patriots fan now (which I know some of you are going to find hard to believe). I used to live, sleep, eat, and breathe baseball, and even played on a boys' Little League team. (I wasn't any good, mind you, just enthusiastic.) So the boy was bound to fall into the same baseball pit I did when I was his age. Luckily for him, the RedSox are actually good now. Well..., better than they were back then, anyway....

J's turn.







No comments: